First ever visit to Thailand

Discussion of Thai-Western relationships and the book, "Thailand Fever."
Klyveren

First ever visit to Thailand

Post by Klyveren » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:56 pm

I more left a frozen landscape in Norway in late January than visit Thailand. But I did. I landed jetlagged in Bangkok, slept fort two days and flew northeast into Issan district. Unfamiliar as I was with Thai culture I found "Thailand Fever" to be my guide threw a VERY different culture than my own. As weeks past I also found that "Thailand Fever" does not tell a typical tale about Thai culture. Issan district where I stayed I guess is only that, not nessesary represetativ for the entire Thailand. I accept that, but never the less it was very frustrating to find that of a big discrepensies between what I experienced and what the book state as a fundamental fact. I will return to Thailand, but with a more clear view of what Thailand is about. I also saw the BIG difference in culture. In many ways it is like a bird dating an ant. How can that end good?

Geoff

Post by Geoff » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:51 pm

You should check out willbethere.wordpress.com He is a Norwegian with a lot of experience on Thailand, Isaan and both the birds and the ants.....

mvmtravel

best way to explore thailand.

Post by mvmtravel » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:24 pm

well guyz i find this website..http://thailand.mvmtravel.com/ before going to thailand.. and gets lot of inforamtion about destinations and latest news about thailand.actualy me with my family planning for our thailand tour. :D