Dating a Thai girl in Australia

Discussion of Thai-Western relationships and the book, "Thailand Fever."
Aussieguy

Dating a Thai girl in Australia

Post by Aussieguy » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:57 pm

Hi there,

Im an Australian guy, and im dating a Thai girl who is currently studying in my country. We have been dating for about 1 and a half months, and we both agreed that we are dating each other exclusively. I introduced her to my chinese friends, and they think she is a nice girl. However, i do not feel she likes me as much as i like her. I read in the Thaifever book that Thai women are trained to hide their true feelings.

1./ If Thai women hide their feelings, how can i tell if she really likes me or not? What kinds of things will she do to show me she cares?

2./ Because we are both in Australia, does this means she doesnt expect me to buy her gifts?

3./ We slept together on our fourth date, and it was her idea. Is this unusual for a Thai girl? Does this mean she is a player?

Thankyou ; )

Geoff

Post by Geoff » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:21 pm

1. Don't overanalyze. You are in an intimate, exclusive relationship, of course she likes you. If there is some specific way you would like her to express that, just say so, she may not agree but at least its out in the open.

2. I don't think nationality or location has any bearing on gift-giving. All women, probably men too, like getting little gifts to show that they are loved. Now, if she is studying in Australia, there is a good chance her family is middle class or better, so the gifts/support for her parents might not be an issue.

3. Again, don't overanalyze. By the mere fact that she is in Oz studying, she shows that she is more worldly and open-minded than many Thais. Until you have a real reason to suspect, like some actual evidence she is a 'player' or otherwise doing something untrue, assume she was so overwhelmed by her attraction to you that she couldn't help herself. Why beat yourself up with groundless worry?

Have fun!